How to Celebrate Guru Purnima in School
How to celebrate Guru Purnima in school is an important part of Guru Purnima celebrations. In fact, Guru Purnima is the festivity dedicated to knowledge, the day in which students have to salute and thank their spiritual and academic teachers. Schools and colleges are repository of knowledge par excellence, hence learning how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school is very important both for students and teachers.
After explaining the importance of Guru Purnima, The Indian Rose wants to talk about how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school. In this tutorial you will find lots of helpful tips on:
How to celebrate Guru Purnima in school
How to celebrate Guru Purnima in college
How to wish a teacher on Guru Purnima
Guru Purnima gift ideas for teachers
you might be interested in: what to wear on Indian Independence day
How to Celebrate Guru Purnima in School
Schools across India and Nepal generally celebrate Guru Purnima by organising a day of cultural activities. Normally both teachers and students are involved, and depending on the age of the students, they should take the lead and organise some creative activities.
Guru Purnima school celebrations typically take place in the assembly hall, decorated by students and teachers with flowers and posters featuring Guru Purnima related quotations.
In order to celebrate Guru Purnima in school, students should also prepare gifts and greeting cards for their teachers, either as single students or as a group. Remember, celebrating Guru Purnima in school is not about spending money, so any homemade creative gift or greeting card will be greatly appreciated by your teachers.
Some nice ideas on how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school are:
- essay writing and reading to homage the importance teachers
- elocution competitions with the theme “the importance of knowledge”
- story-telling by teachers and older students to teach younger kids the importance of guru
- powerpoint presentations on the life of sage Vyasa
- In some schools, the school principal lights a lamp to symbolise the light of knowledge
- Guru Purnima in school can also be celebrated with an outing to a place of cultural interest such as the library, museum, theatre, or a classical dance performance.
- For a more traditional take on how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school, a nice idea is to organise a Kathak dance performance by students, or an explanation of the importance of the sage Vyasa, chants, recitations of the Guru mantra, and seeking the blessing of teachers by touching their feet.
Parents might also be invited because, together with teachers, they represent the most important gurus in the lives of students.
We have shown different styles of how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school. If you are an older student, you might be interested in how to celebrate Guru Purnima in college.
How to Celebrate Guru Purnima in College
Are you a college student or professor? How to celebrate Guru Purnima in college is different from how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school. College students should take the lead and organise a special day for their teachers.
For a student-led celebration of Guru Purnima, students can structure the day by following these key elements:
- Decorations made the day before
- Speeches about Vedic tradition and sage Vyasa
- Explaining the importance of having a guru
- Dance, theatre, poetry and music performances
- Thanking teachers and members of staff
- Alumni visiting the college (previous contacts should be made)
- Handmade gifts for teachers and members of staff
- Closing the day with food and drinks
Students can organise celebrations of Guru Purnima in college by working together as a class, or through the different students associations. For example, the literary association can prepare the speech, the theatre association can put together a representation based on Hindu mythology and so on. If students are well organised, they might even get funding by some local business, which would make how to celebrate Guru Purnima in college even easier.
Let’s see what else you need to know regarding how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school.
How to Wish a Teacher on Guru Purnima
Now that you know all about how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school, you also need to know how to wish a teacher on this special occasion. In fact, apart from gifts, food and decorations, sending wishes is a key part of Guru Purnima celebration.
Examples of wishes for teachers on Guru Purnima:
Thanks to you I have learned a lot about maths (or any other subject)… and about life
I have been blessed with the best guru in my life: my teacher
On the day that celebrates our great teacher Vyasa, I make a wish to celebrate my great maths and life teacher, Ms. (name of your teacher)
By teaching me discipline you have made my life meaningful, and made me a better person
Teacher, you are the guide towards our future happiness and success, so thank you for teaching us!
Thank you for teaching us the love of learning
Teachers like you not only teach academic knowledge, they also give students the confidence needed to take on life’s challenges.
For my teacher, who taught me everything I need to know inside and outside school
Without your love and perseverance, I wouldn’t be where I am now, thank you!
Now you know how to wish a teacher on Guru Purnima, it will be useful in order for you to prepare teachers gift cards.
Last but not least on how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school are gifts for teachers. Here is The Indian Rose list of gift ideas for teachers.
Guru Purnima Gift Ideas for Teachers
Gifts for teachers on Guru Purnima are a big part of the celebration.
Sometimes we run out of ideas, so here is a list of Guru Purnima gift ideas for teachers:
- Flowers: an evergreen for female teachers
- Delicious sweets are always well accepted
- A box of mixed dry fruit is another classic
- The best gifts for teachers on Guru Purnima are those that are connected with knowledge. You can’t go wrong with a pen set
- A similar style present would be a beautiful bookmark, handmade is best!
- A beautifully decorated diary or notebook is another great gift for teachers on Guru Purnima
We hope you liked The Indian Rose Guru Purnima gift ideas for teacher, let us know any other gift idea you might have!
We covered all aspects of how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school, hopefully we have been helpful!
1 thought on “How to Celebrate Guru Purnima in School”
Guru Purnima is celebrated by Buddhists, Hindus and Jains every year on the full moon day of the Shakha Samavat in the Hindu calendar. This festival commemorates the goodness of spiritual gurus and teachers as thousands of devotees worship and thank their gurus for enlightenment.