How to Wish on Guru Purnima – Gifts and Greeting Cards
There are many aspects of how to wish on Guru Purnima: how to make greeting cards for Guru Purnima, what to gift on Guru Purnima, whatsapp status on Guru Purnima, as well as Guru Purnima fancy dresses and decoration for Guru Purnima. While in other articles we focused on how to to celebrate Guru Purnima in a spiritual way, today The Indian Rose will focus on how to wish on Guru Purnima and all surrounding aspects. In this how to wish on Guru Purnima tutorial we will also address some questions that are important to common people, such as: is Guru Purnima auspicious for shifting a house.
You can quickly jump to:
How to Wish on Guru Purnima
How to wish on Guru Purnima is probably the key topic for people who want to remind themselves and others of this spiritual and joyful Indian festivity.
The best way to wish on Guru Purnima is by writing a quotation plus a more personal wish either as a whatsapp message, email, or on a greeting card for Guru Purnima.
Here are some of The Indian Rose quotation ideas you can use to to wish someone on Guru Purnima:
“Guru is aspiration, guru is inspiration”
“Let each man take the path according to his capacity, understanding and temperament. His true guru will meet him along that path.”
“This Guru Purnima, reflect on your life and honor the wisdom that life has offered”
“A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination and instill a love of learning”
“The grace of the Guru is like an ocean. If one comes with a cup he will only get a cupful. It is no use complaining of the niggardliness of the ocean. The bigger the vessel the more one will be able to carry. It is entirely up to him.”
“Guru and God both appear before me. To whom should I prostrate? I bow before Guru who introduced God to me”
“There is no deity superior to the Guru, no gain better than the Guru’s grace … no state higher than meditation on the guru”
After the quotation part of how to wish on Guru Purnima, now comes the personal wish part. Here are some ideas that can, of course, be personalised:
Today is the day of the year I show my gratefulness to the person I learn from everyday of the year.
You have filled my life with knowledge and inspiration. Best wishes for Guru Purnima!
Learning from you makes me the luckiest person in the world.
Guru, you are my light in the darkness of ignorance.
Thank you for showing me my true self.
Thanks to you, there is no more darkness in my life
Thank you for showing me the path to the eternal
You are my stairway to God, thank you for showing me the path of contentment.
Finding a true guru made me the most fortunate among men
Thank you for making me who I am: a better man
Thank you for always being there when I need inspiration
When I am with my guru I am complete, thank you for always being there for me
When one finds the true Guru, one conquers half the world. Thanks for taking me as your disciple
A guru teaches through knowledge and love, no guru is more important than a parent
I will never forget your support during my life’s ups and downs, the friend who keeps your light on in darkness is not just a friend, it’s a guru.
My best wishes for Guru Punima, the best day of the year to set the seeds to become a wiser, happier person
On this Guru Purnima, may Guru’s blessings enlighten your life
Thank you for lightening the darkness, my guru
May the light of the guru enlighten your whole life
On this auspicious day, let the light of knowledge and wisdom shine your life
Life without a guru is like a dark path with no purpose
Our guru will always live in our hearts
May you get happiness and success, may the guru within you always shine
Thank you for staying by my side throughout this journey full of ups and downs
A guru is the link between the world and God, may you find a true guru to accompany you throughout this journey.
You can end your Guru purnima greeting card with:
Love, blessings and best wishes for this Guru Purnima
Now you have plenty of material on how to wish on Guru Purnima. Let´s see other aspects of this traditional holiday.
How to Make Greeting Card for Guru Purnima
Greeting cards are an important part of how to wish on Guru Purnima. In today´s tech world, a physical greeting card is especially welcomed. You have 3 options on how to make greeting card for Guru Purnima:
- Buying a ready-made Guru Purnima greeting card, preferably with spiritual decorations, or just a plain one
- Buying a plain greeting card and decorating it with stickers of deities, your guru, and colorful images
- Making a Guru Purnima homemade greeting card
Here is how to make a Guru Purnima greeting card:
- Buy or recycle a thick piece of paper, preferably silver or red
- Apply some glitters on the borders of the Guru Purnima greeting card
- Attach a flower at the front of the Guru Purnima greeting card
- Attach a photo of your Guru / parent / teacher / guide
- Inside the Guru Purnima homemade greeting card, at the centre, write one of the quotations we suggested in the previous chapter
- Personalise it with a personal wish
By following these few simple steps you will master the art of how to make greeting card for Guru Purnima, an important part of how to wish on Guru Purnima. Another important part is what to gift on Guru Purnima, we’ll see it below.
What to Gift on Guru Purnima
This is a general guide on what to gift on Guru Purnima. If you are looking for a gift for a teacher, you might want to check how to celebrate Guru Purnima in school.
To complete the how to wish on Guru Purnima guide, here are a few ideas on what to gift on Guru Purnima:
- Sweets (homemade or bought)
- Fruit, especially appreciated is a box of dry fruits
- Spiritual items such as small icons, pendants, thalis
- Silver items: whether spiritual or otherwise, they are always auspicious
- Music in the form of a CD, better still if devotional
Of course the best of all on what to gift on Guru Purnima is home making something, whether a sweet or a Guru Purnima greeting card, it will make this day truly special.
Now we know the 3 main aspects of how to wish on Guru Purnima: wishes, greeting cards and gifts. Let’s see other important aspects of Guru Purnima.
Whatsapp Status on Guru Purnima
Our suggestion is to use a very short quotation as no one will read a longer one. You can either pick one from the how to wish on Guru Purnima chapter above, or you can pick one from your favourite Guru.
Have you not made up your mind yet? Here are a few whatsapp status on Guru Purnima ideas:
- When one finds the true guru, one conquers half the world
- Guru is aspiration, guru is inspiration
- May guru’s blessings always shower on you
- A guru is the one who brings us from darkness to light
- The guru is the seed of our happiness
- Be grateful to the guru within yourself
- Guru Brahma Gurur Vishnu,
Guru Devo Maheshwaraha.
Guru Saakshat Para Brahma,
Tasmai Sree Gurave Namaha.
Or just a simple
“Happy guru purnima, may you all find a true guru”
With the whatsapp status on Guru Purnima you know all about how to wish on Guru Purnima. Now let’s see other useful facts regarding Guru Purnima.
Decoration for Guru Purnima
The main part of decoration for Guru Purnima is in temples, where idols are embellished by flower garlands and sweet and fruit offerings are made, and in schools. In short, you don’t need to use much decoration for Guru Purnima, focus more on how to wish on Guru Purnima instead. However, if you wish to recreate the Guru Purnima atmosphere at home you can have a look at these decoration ideas for Guru Purnima:
- Decorate the idol of your deity or guru with flowers
- Make some prashad and place it close to the idol
- Light up lanterns and candles
- Print out an image of your Guru alongside a quotation and glue it on the wall
- Place a nice silver plate with dry fruit on the table
Guru Purnima Fancy Dress
It can be tempting to use Guru Purnima as an occasion to dress up, however you should keep in mind that this is a spiritual celebration and you do not need any Guru Purnima fancy dress. The only exception would be if you participate to a Guru Purnima celebration in school or at work. If there is a Guru Purnima fancy dress competition you can pick:
- Traditional dancer dress
- Dress up as a character from Hindu mythology
- Dress up as your favourite Bollywood character
We have reached the end of how to wish on Guru Purnima, here is the last chapter.
Is Guru Purnima Auspicious for Shifting a House
This is a question that sometimes gets asked, and it has a logical answer. Guru Purnima is not auspicious for shifting a house, but it is not particularly inauspicious either. There are some reasons why you might not want to shift a house on Guru Purnima:
- Guru Purnima is a spiritual celebration and many people fast, that’s not a good time for a housewarming (griha pravesh) party involving gifting food to religious people
- The most favourable days to perform Griha Pravesh are Vasant Panchami, Akshaya Tritiya, Gudi Padwa and Dussehra (not Guru Purnima)
- The month of Asadha, when Guru Purnima falls, is not auspicious for Griha Pravesh
- While Guru Purnima is not an ideal time to shift a house, no moon nights are the most inauspicious. Guru Purnima is a full moon night, so it is not particularly inauspicious either
Remember that only a pundit can advise you on whether Guru Purnima is auspicious for shifting a house in your particular situation.
We reached the end of this how to wish on Guru Purnima. We hope it has been helpful!