SADA PAAN WITHOUT ARECA NUT RECIPE
A basic version of paan included in our article about paan without areca nut. To learn how to fold paan, click here.
This sada paan is for 10 people.
- 10 betel leaves, backside of the stem removed
- 5 tsp Chuna – lime powder
- 10 tsp kaththa paste
- 5 tsp powdered rose petals
- 5 tsp shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp diced dry fruit mix
- 3 tbsp diced dates
- 1 tbsp crushed cardamom hearts
- Herbal mix fragrance of choice
- Wash and wipe betel leaves with a clean cloth
- Spread 1 teaspoon of Kaththa paste on each leaf with your finger
- Sprinkle half a teaspoon of Chuna on each leaf
- Mix powdered petals and shredded coconut together and then sprinkle on the leaves.
- Mix dry fruit with dates and add 1 or 2 teaspoons of the mix at the centre of each leaf.
- Add a pinch of cardamom and a pinch of herbal fragrance.
- Fold and close paan.